Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mom & Dad & Arizona Retirement Communities

From the time of our birth until we leave our childhood home most of us are taken care of and looked after by our parents.   When I grew up my mother was there when I left for school in the morning and there when I returned home from school.  Clean clothes were always in my drawers each morning as I would try to decide  what to wear.   Meals were always prepared and on the table when it was time to eat.  Being a child I never really wondered how all these things go done or just how much work it was to make sure everything was in order.   Luckily I had a mother that taught me how to work as I always had chores to do around the house.    
                Not until I left my childhood home and started a family of my own did I realize just how much work my mother did in keeping a clean house and meals prepared for the family.    As my own little family grew I found that I was visiting my parents less and less.   I tried to go as much as I could but that wasn't always easy.   It seemed each time I visited I would notice that my parents would be sitting in their living room just watching television.  A lot of their friends had either passed away or had moved away to be with their children.
                When dad stopped working in his garden I knew that I needed to look at their living situation more carefully.  As my home was not large having them come live with me was not an option.  They were by no means ready to be put out to pasture (as my grandmother used to say)  but they were ready for something more, something different in their lives.  The house was getting to be too big for my mother to take care of and things were starting to be neglected both inside and outside of their home.
                That is where I found some great Arizona Retirement Communities.   The cold weather had begun to affect my mother’s facial injuries that she had received years before and it was apparent that the pain was increasing.  Thus the warm weather of Arizona was the answer.    It was time for a new adventure in their lives.  A time to be able to meet new people.  A time in their life to not have to worry about taking care of a house or a yard.
Retirement was supposed to be a time in one’s life where they should be enjoying all the things they loved to do.  It was time to enjoy the activities that interested them or a time to discover new and exciting challenges.   So I took my parents to visit.  This was an affordable solution for helping my parent s find peace and relaxation as well as many challenging activities for them to be involved in.

Upon one visit they commented to me why I hadn't found them this place earlier.  Never did I ever think I would hear that statement coming from my father.  If you find yourself in this situation you should defiantly check out this retirement community at http://glencroft.com/ and give your parents an active community and housing they deserve without all the stress and worries of them living on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment