Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finding the Perfect Temple Dress


When I first got married like all girls from the time we are little the thought of a big beautiful wedding was all we dreamed about.   Mine would be the best one anyone had ever been too.  I remember as a little girl begging my mother to take me with her when she would attend wedding receptions.  My dad was not very social so he was all too willing to let me go.   I remember sitting at the table looking around taking everything in.   I knew from the very first reception exactly what colors and style of dresses my bridesmaids would be wearing.   Little did I know that styles were an ever changing fact.   I would take the mint or candy swirl that they served and keep them for the longest time believing they would stay perfect for ever.   Usually my sweet tooth would get the better of me and I would end up eating it. 
 But the thing I remember above all else from each wedding reception I attended was just how beautiful each bride was.   How could the brides just keep getting more and more amazing?   I grew up in a small city and a time where it was the only thing a girl could do was wear white.    Did I want a dress with a big hoop that stood out like a merry go round.  This was the style of dress my older sister wore and she was the most beautiful bride I had ever seen.    When my sister got married I couldn't figure out why she had 2 wedding dresses.   One dress was not as ornate as the other one and my mother told me that was her Temple Dress.   The other dress with the hoop and slips was for the reception.  Oh how I loved to crawl under all those beautiful white starched slips.  Much to the  frustration of my mother and sister as I am sure my mother had spent many long hours starching the slips to make they stand out so far.

                As my sister was many years older than I was it was a while before it was my turn to be married.   And yes styles had changed.  Gone were the slips and hoops.  But not my dream of wearing the most beautiful dress I could find.   I also would be getting a chance to have two dresses.   A dress for my ceremony and a dress for the reception.  They were equally as beautiful and equally as important to me for the most important day of my life.   My Temple Dress however would be one I would be using over and over so as I carefully chose this dress I was sure to make it the most comfortable one I could find but also easy to take care of.  The dress I chose is so pretty it lets me feel like a princess every time I wear it.  If you are looking for a white dress you should check out the ones I found at www.dressedinwhite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment